My Tzav Rishon

All young people in Israel are obligated to serve in the Israel Defense Forces(IDF) and their first step in the procedure of army draft is a special day called Tzav Rishon(in Hebrew it means "first draft"). Serving in the israeli army is considered very important in the society, hence it is extremely exciting and crucial day for every young person. So the next part of this post will be about my own experience on Tzav Rishon.

First of all you have to come to the recruitment office in the morning at the appointed time. I was given special number which assisted me in navigation in the office which is quite complex and I could easily lose my way in multiple corridors.


At the beginning I was sent to do basic medical checkups such as optometry, measurement of weight and height and so on. Later on the army worker asked details about my family, address and then we had conversation in Hebrew. Because I am olah hadasha it was necessary in order to examine my Hebrew language skills. The following step was to do psychotechnical tests on computer.Tests consisted of multiple choice and open questions. And last but not the least, was meeting and interview with the officer. I was asked question which evaluated my psychological state, personal attitudes and traits of character. 


By the end of the day I left tired and thrilled at the same time.All results I was able to see few days later in my personal account on the website mitgaisim(in Hebrew it means "we are drafting" )which was more than convenient because I could be informed about all updates even during riding in the bus. 


Of course it was very exciting day which brought me a totally brand new experience. But not only I had such feeling because everyone who was on their Tzav Rishon felt elated and proud to have the opportunity to serve for the sake of their country and nation.

Comments

Popular Posts